NYSCSS welcome subscriptions from institutions. These subscriptions enable all employees in your organization with primary responsibilities for social studies education to benefit from NYSCSS services and programs. Individuals with supervisory responsibilities in your organization may also be granted services and programs. Institutional subscriptions connect your entire organization to social studies resources statewide.
School District (up to 5,000 students) – Contact Us for Pricing
This subscription category is intended for public school districts, individual charter schools, and private schools. Benefits include:
- Updates from our weekly E-Blast.
- Access to all NYSCSS events (annual conference, workshops, seminars, webinars, and summer institutes).
- Eligibility for NYSCSS award submissions.
- One print subscription to The Social Science Docket, a quarterly professional journal on relevant themes in social studies, co-published by NYSCSS and the New Jersey Council for the Social Studies.
- 10% discount for all employees attending NYSCSS events.
- NYSCSS membership for all K-12 teachers with primary responsibilities for social studies education (as designated by the district).
- Membership for all administrators with primary responsibilities for social studies program supervision at any level (as designated by the district).
- Exclusive access to VIP Meet & Greet events with annual convention keynote and featured speakers.
- Networking opportunities with other professionals and organizations that support social studies education.
- Opportunity to have a district profile created and shared on the NYSCSS website.
Educational Service Agency (school districts over 5,000 students, BOCES, higher education institutions, cultural institutions) – Contact Us for Pricing
This subscription category is intended for larger public school districts and education organizations.
- Higher Education Institutions include community colleges, colleges, universities, and trade/vocational schools.
- Cultural Institutions include archives, historic sites, libraries, and museums.