The Technology Committee will consist of no more than twelve (12) members who shall serve staggered three-year terms. Its function is to promote awareness of computers and technology and to coordinate the use of technology at all Council events. Duties of the Technology Committee include:
- Encourage social studies educators to use computers and technology in their teaching and other professional responsibilities.
- Work with the Convention Chairperson to provide programmatic presentations based on computers and technology.
- Inform members of new teaching techniques and materials through use of council publications.
- Work with colleagues on other committees to promote awareness of computer and technology issues.
- Assist local councils in meeting the needs of their members in terms of enhancing instruction in human rights.
Chair: Ed Finney, Schodack CSD, firstname.lastname@example.org and James Mendonis, East Meadow, email@example.com