1. Generally oversee the council’s award program to recognize and promote significant
contributions to and excellence in social studies.
2. Solicit applications for council awards and recommend award recipients in the various
categories to the Executive Committee.
3. Coordinate awards presentations at the annual convention.
4. Encourage public awareness of the social studies through announcement and publicizing
of winners using TIME & PLACE and other media.
5. Oversee the submission of state award recipients for national competition where
6. Submit vouchers for monetary awards to the Executive Secretary prior to the convention
7. Develop a program listing the award recipients for the Awards Dinner.8. Insure that award plaques are ordered in a timely manner.