2013 Holocaust & Jewish Resistance Teachers' Program
A Summer Study Program in Washington, DC, Poland, Germany
and the Czech Republic for Secondary School Teachers
The 2013 trip will begin with a visit to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC. The group will then travel to Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. The itinerary for the trip includes visits to the following:
· Jewish Museum Frankfurt
· Hadamar Memorial
· Bergen-Belsen Memorial Museum
· Wannsee Villa in Berlin
· Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin
· Ravensbrueck Memorial Museum
· Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum
· Jewish heritage of Prague
· Terezin (Theresienstadt) Memorial in the Czech Republic
· State Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau
· Jewish heritage of Krakow
· Museum of Wartime Krakow
· Galicia Museum of Krakow
· Belzec Memorial and Museum
· State Museum at Majdanek
· Jewish heritage of Lublin
· Museum at Treblinka
· Jewish heritage of Warsaw
· Jewish Historical Institute of Warsaw
The goals of the program are:
· To advance education in U.S. secondary schools about the Holocaust and Jewish Resistance
· To deepen teachers' knowledge and strengthen their ability to implement Holocaust studies in their classrooms
· To teach each new generation about the Holocaust and Jewish resistance, so that they will know, understand, and never forget
· To further educational activities which use the lessons of the past as warnings for the present and the future
Cost to the applicant is $3,000, which includes round-trip travel from Washington, DC, trips to historic sites, hotel accommodations (2 to a room) and 2 meals daily.
Payment is expected immediately upon notification of acceptance, at which time you will receive specifics on the program.
NOTE: The $3,000 program fee is supplemented by the American Gathering of Jewish Holocaust Survivors and other supporting organizations.
An electronic application for the 2013 program is available online atwww.hajrtp.org. Applications must be submitted electronically.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee as they are received and spaces are filled on a rolling basisundefinedso applying early is to your advantage. All applications must reach our office no later than Friday, March 15, 2013.
Holocaust and Jewish Resistance Teachers' Program
c/o The American Gathering
122 W. 30th St., Suite 205
New York, NY 10001