NYS4A OUTSTANDING SOCIAL STUDIES SUPERVISOR AWARD
An award will be given each year to a supervisor/chairperson who has demonstrated outstanding social studies
supervision at the elementary and/or secondary level. The person nominated will be evaluated on the following:
Criteria for Selection
1. is a member of NYS4A
2. has remained abreast of new developments in social studies
3. has incorporated innovative and effective supervisory techniques
4. displays a commitment to excellence in social studies education
5. fosters professional growth
1. The Committee, consisting of past winners and chaired by the NYS4A Vice President will request nominations
through the NYS4A and NYSCSS newsletters with an appropriate deadline.
2. The Awards Committee's decision will be final. In the event that no nominations are received, the committee will nominate a candidate to be designated as the winner.
3. An individual may win the award only once.
A recent photograph of the candidate should be available to send via email if the candidate is selected as an award recipient. The
Award winner’s photographs will appear in the Convention Program.
1. The winner will be recognized at the Awards Banquet at the Annual Convention.
The award will consist of a plaque.
NYS4A OUTSTANDING SOCIAL STUDIES SUPERVISOR
Nominee's Name _____________________________________________________________________
Home Address _____________________________________________________________________
School Address _____________________________________________________________________
School Phone __________________________________Home Phone __________________________
Superintendent's Name ________________________________________________________________
Superintendent's Address ______________________________________________________________
Local Newspaper ____________________________________________________________________
Nominator's Name ___________________________________________________________________
School Phone ________________________________Home Phone ____________________________
1. Please attach a 300-350 word rationale which states why the nominee should be considered for the award. Be sure to
address the award criteria.
2. It is strongly recommended that supporting documentation, such as letters of support and a resume, be included. These
may be sent separately but must be received by January 17 , 2011. Email is preferred.
Send all materials to:
230 Malverne Drive
Syracuse, NY 13208-1841
315-454-9108 (home) 315-673-0313 (school)